Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Senior Thesis

Well, I think I finally figured this out, and hopeful this will work. I am finishing up my last few weeks of student teaching and I have been thinking about my thesis and what would be something that I have learned or want to learn more about from my student teaching. Most of the problems that I have had during my student teaching with both the high school and the middle school students is lack of motivation. There were 60/100 students failing with under 30% because they refused to do anything in the high school. I want to do my thesis on how to motivate students and why it seems like the desire to learn seems to lesson each year (as my teachers were telling me).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good, manageable research question. You could also turn it around and say that the faculty of the HS refused to teach/motivate 40% of the students, a disproportionate number of whom are black or brown, and poor. That might provide another lever with which to move the rock!