Thursday, January 25, 2007

Interviews

Tuesday and this morning, I was at the high school and the middle school filming interviews for my documentary. I interviewed both of my cooperating teachers and the principal of Aldrich Middle School. All of them see a struggle with student motivation and students taking learning seriously. When I talked to the students, I found that 1) the accelerated and synectics students were motivated because they were being supported at home, and 2) the other students said they wanted to do well, but weren't doing that great. Now that I have my interviews, I am going to continue my reading with two books from the library on motivation and many articles that Bill gave me to read that deal with psychology and motivation.

3 comments:

Katelynn said...

Hey Stacy...great job so far! I just wanted to know, are the 'other' students you interviewed part of the regular student population? Did they express that they did or did not get support from home? Keep up the good work!

Novak san said...

I was wondering how you chose to position the camera while you were filming?

Unknown said...

I think you need to do some reading and thinking about self-efficacy to provide some framework to understand some of the responses you are getting, and to frame follow-up questions. I may be wrong, but I think that a documentary must have a sort of "thesis" just like an article, so that you (and Rachel) will need to think through what you want to say and to whom. You can't wait until this is all figured out before you pick up the camera, but you need to do it.